Jump to content
The Whaler Game Forum
The Whaler Game Forum

Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Tommy

What other Naval Games do you like?!

Recommended Posts

Like the title says, what other naval games are you into?

 

Personally I loved Sea dogs when it first game out. Also loved the naval feature in Napoleon total war.

Naval action and tempest are two games I play every now and then. 

 

If there is anyone who do remember an old PC game from the 90`s, where you would control a Man O War, let me know the name. Because I loved that game as a kid, just cant remember what it was called.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain McLaughin said:

Loved the ship mechanics in BlackWake, and Black Flag. Originally introduced to the genre by The Ancient Art of War at Sea.

Blackwake was super fun, I did really good as a gunner there actually. ;) 

Black Flag is one of my favorite games, the shanties set the tone at sea.  So well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so the sea dogs sery with pirates of the Caribbeans and Caribbean tales, total wars either Rome II and Empire, but Naval Action was my favorite but most for it's PVP/Coop potential but as my clan shattered I don't play it very often anymore, black flag and AC III and I got some hopes for Sea of thieves and Skull and Bones.

but here comes The whaler

Edited by Galakaee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Galakaee said:

so the sea dogs sery with pirates of the Caribbeans and Caribbean tales, total wars either Rome II and Empire, but Naval Action was my favorite but most for it's PVP/Coop potential but as my clan shattered I don't play it very often anymore, black flag and AC III and I got some hopes for Sea of thieves and Skull and Bones.

but here comes The whaler

Yea i`ve been following Sea of Thieves since the beginning. Will definitely get and Skull and Bones as well. hopefully they live up to my expectations. Sea of Thieves is currently my favorite of those two. 

10 hours ago, Captain McLaughin said:

As for that other game, was it Sid Meyers Pirates, or Pirates, Gold!

 

None! But those are great to! Sid Meyers Pirates is a GEM!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I',m a big fan of Blackwake and Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I also play a lot of the water game in ARK: Survival Evolved, and even lead a Pirate themed tribe! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Captain Seli said:

I',m a big fan of Blackwake and Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I also play a lot of the water game in ARK: Survival Evolved, and even lead a Pirate themed tribe! 

Blackwake is so much fun! Do think the community might need a spanking though. ;) Very toxic some times, but super fun game!

Black Flag is my one of my favorite games, the mood at sea was amazing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guns of Icarus is one of my favs. It's about ships... in the air... airships :P Not only is it an awesome steampunk game, it's one of the best online ship sailing games. 4 players crew a ship, with each their own task (Captain, Gunner, Engineer)  Against other player controlled ships or in coop against hordes of AI ships. The gameplay asymmetrical but very balanced and the communication is a lot of fun!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrTheRich said:

Guns of Icarus is one of my favs. It's about ships... in the air... airships :P Not only is it an awesome steampunk game, it's one of the best online ship sailing games. 4 players crew a ship, with each their own task (Captain, Gunner, Engineer)  Against other player controlled ships or in coop against hordes of AI ships. The gameplay asymmetrical but very balanced and the communication is a lot of fun!

Have not tried that game actually. I see its on sale, might pick that up! :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Captain_Tommy said:

Have not tried that game actually. I see its on sale, might pick that up! :D

Let me know, i'll hop in with you. it's the best experience to play along with people who you know

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrTheRich said:

I just found this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/552080/IronWolf_VR/ it's a VR only coop game about submarines. It has very in depth controls and you can play with up to 4 players in a sub marine. If you don't have a VR headset, at least watch a lets play. This game is amazing!!!

I dont have VR but I will check out some lets plays, it looks cool!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×